Good morning everyone! I’m happy to report there was no unwanted excitement last night.
I can’t wait to share my give away with you all, but first let’s talk about working out and injury vs. just being “sore.”
Let me just start by saying I know I have a true injury when I’ve sprained my ankle, broken a bone, cut my finger, etc. But, when my muscles are just sore and tight, I’m never quite sure. I know there are times after a good workout when I’m sore. I have mentioned before, I like that (in a sick hardcore way.) But, when I’m still sore 6 days later, and the right side of my back hurts a lot more than the left, is that an injury? Also, whether it is or isn’t, and it’s just sore, is it still ok to workout?
To be on the safe side I didn’t run for a few days and yesterday took it easy with some Yoga X. (Part of the P90X program.) I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, this is by far the best yoga DVD I’ve ever done. A lot of balancing poses, and so many chatarungas that you could call it a tricep workout. I was a sweaty mess when I finished.
But, let’s talk food. I received these samples of Terra Chips in the mail the other day. Well, not just samples, but 4 bags of utter deliciousness.
· Terra a la Mexicana – The latest addition to the Terra Exotic Mix line-up is this classic mix of vegetable chips seasoned with a piquant blend of tomato, black bean and roasted garlic flavors.
· Terra Original - Terra Original is made up of the classic mix of Taro, Sweet Potato, Yuca, Batata, Parsnip, and Ruby Taro.
· Terra Blues - Packed with flavor, Terra Blues are flavorful yet but with 40 percent less fat than the leading brand of potato chips and are made with naturally blue potatoes. A vibrant bluish-purple in color with a slightly nutty flavor, these Terra Blues® Potato Chips are deliciously different and the Official Snack of JetBlue Airways®.
· Terra Exotic Harvest with Sea Salt - This earthy exotic harvest features a medley of flavorful blue potato, sweet carrots and japanese kabocha squash.
I was most excited to try these:
The Exotic Harvest blend with Sea Salt features, kabocha, carrots, and blue potato chips. These are quite yummy...
very addictive! A little bit thicker than an average chip, and a little bit sweet from the natural sweetness of the vegetables, I didn’t want to dip these babies in any sort of dip. Eating them in their unadulterated goodness only.
Next up, we tried another new to us flavor, a la Mexicana. These have a tiny bit of heat, and some flavors of chili powder, and garlic. I am not a big fan of that flavor, (although Scott loves them) so I made a low-fat guacamole to pair with them.
Lower Fat Guacamole (2 servings)
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 large avocado
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt, to taste
- dash of red cayenne pepper
Add peas to food processor and pulse until peas are quite mushy. Add cilantro and avocado and give the whole mix a few pulses until its all nice and mushy. Remove mixture from food processor and add all the remaining ingredients.
Now, for the giveaway!
One lucky MommyRD reader will win this package from Terra Chips.
4 full size bags of the Terra Chips, a recipe book, and a big martini glass/serving bowl!
1. Leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite flavor of Terra Chips.
2. For an extra entry, become a follower of MommyRD
Winner will be randomly picked this Friday, so hurry for your chance!