Hey there bloggies! How was your weekend? I hope it was splendid! Our was filled with dinners parties with friends. I also did my 9 mile run in preparation for the Long Beach Half Marathon. Luckily, I ran with my friend, Sarah, on Saturday morning and it wasn’t bad at all. Especially considering I haven’t ran that distance in at least 5 years. Thanks Sarah – I couldn’t have done it without you!
Is it just me, or does it seem like Mondays are always extra busy? Or is it that it is still instilled in my head from so many years of school and full time employment, to dread Mondays? Either way, I always feel busy and a bit rushed to get the “do do” list done.
For instance today, my “to do” list includes:
Cleaning out closets (garage sale/Goodwill come by this weekend)
3 mile walk with Ava in the jog stroller
Make homemade veggie burgers
Flu shots for Ava and I
Tiny Tot’s Time (at the library)
Oh, and playing with/watching my ever busy toddler to keep her out of trouble. (The most time consuming task of all of them.)
I didn’t get to photograph one of the dinners this weekend, because I didn’t know the people hosting the dinner party until we got there and didn’t want to whip out my camera. So, here’s a little bit of what else went down this weekend.
1. The Vikings beat the Lions!!
2. The Cardinals beat the Raiders!!!!! (Exciting game)
3. Yummy Pomegranate Martinis
1 shot Pomegranate Vodka
1/2 shot Pomegranate juice
squeeze of fresh lime
lot’s of drink-gasms!
4. Jasmine rice with wakame seaweed/sesame seed mixture cooked in
4. Perfectly seared fresh Ahi tuna
5. Leftover Ahi over Mixed Greens
6. Grilled tofu over grits, baby bok choy and shitake mushrooms.
7. More homemade apple crisp with Minnesota Haralson apples
8. Beautiful Caprese Salad (with tomatoes brought back from my mom’s garden)
What was the best thing you ate or drank this weekend?
For me, best drink –pomegranate martini. Best eat- apple crisp